Zephaniah 3:16-20 commentary

 

16: In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem Fear thou not and to Zion Let not thine hands be slack 17: YHWH your ELOHIM in the midst of you is mighty He will save He will rejoice over thee with joy He will rest in His love He will rejoice over thee with singing 18: I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly who are of thee to whom the reproach of it was a burden 19: Behold at that time I will undo all that afflict thee and I will save her that halteth and gather her that was driven out and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame 20: At that time will I bring you again even in the time that I gather you for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth when I turn back your captivity before your eyes says YHWH

Comments: Zephaniah 3:16-20 The Almighty speaks in both first and third person, denoting the Godhead. The Godhead consists of three persons 1 John 5. Zephaniah 3:16-20 does not speak to the Body of the Christ, the Out-Called, but rather to physical Israel, to Jacob, after the 2nd Coming of Christ, when he gathers all the outcasts of Israel back to the Promised Land and makes Israel the head nation on earth Deut 28:13, Isaiah 2:1-4.

No comments: