Haggai 2:5-9 commentary

 

5: According to the word that I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt so My RUACH [Spirit] remains among you fear ye not 6: For thus He says YHWH of Armies Yet once it is a little while and I will shake the heavens and the earth and the sea and the dry land 7: And I will shake all nations and the desire of all nations shall come and I will fill this house with glory Isaiah 2:1-4, Matthew 24:29 He says YHWH of ARMIES [Godhead—1st & 3rd person together] 8: The silver is mine and the gold is mine declares YHWH of ARMIES 9: The glory of this latter house [Millennial Temple] shall be greater than of the former He says YHWH of ARMIES and in this place will I give peace declares YHWH of ARMIES.

Comments: Haggai 2:5-9 The Spirit of the LORD using the title YHWH of ARMIES five times in five verses is not insignificant. He is reminding His people that He commands vast heavenly armies, and that victory is assured if only they will trust Him and not be afraid.

No comments: