John 10 commentary


  
          1: Amen, amen Revelation 3:14 I say to you they that enter not by the door into the sheepfold but climb up some other way the same are thieves and  robbers 2: But He that enters in by the door Revelation 4:1 is the Shepherd John 10:11 & 14 of the sheep 3: To him the porter opens and the sheep hear his voice and he calls his own sheep by name Isaiah 28:11 and leads them out 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, Revelation 4:1-3 [1] 4: And when he puts forth his sheep he goes before them and the sheep follow him for they know his voice 5: And a stranger will they not follow but will flee from him for they know not the voice of strangers 6: This parable spoke Iesous to them but they understood not what things they were which he spoke to them 7: Then said Iesous to them again Amen, amen I say to you I AM the door of the sheep 8: All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers but the sheep did not hear them 9: I AM the door by me if any enter in they shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture 10: The thief comes not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly 11: I AM the good shepherd the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep 12: But they being hirelings and not the shepherd whose own the sheep are not see the wolf coming and leave the sheep and flee and the wolf catches them and scatters the sheep 13: But hirelings flee because they are hirelings and care not for the sheep 14: I AM the good shepherd and know my sheep and am known of mine 15: As the Father knows me even so know I the Father and I lay down my life for the sheep 16: And other sheep I have which are not of this fold them also I must bring and they shall hear my voice and there shall be one fold and one shepherd Galatians 3:26-2817: Therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I might take it again 18: None takes it from me but I lay it down of myself I have power to lay it down and I have power to take it again This commandment have I received of my Father 19: There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings 20: And many of them said He has a devil and is insane why do you listen to him 21: Others said These are not the words of [one who is] demonized. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind 22: And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication and it was winter 23: And Iesous walked in the temple in Solomon's porch 24: Then came the Jews [and] encircled him and said to him How long do you make us to doubt If you be ho Christos tell us plainly 25: Jesus answered them I told you and you believed not The works that I do in my Father's name they bear witness of me 26: But you believe not because you are not of my sheep as I said to you 27: My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me 28: And I give to them eternal life and they shall never perish neither shall any pluck them out of my hand 29: My Father who gave them [to] me is greater than all and none is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand [2] 30: I and my Father are one Isaiah 46:531: Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him 32: Iesous answered them Many good works have I showed you from my Father for which of those works do you stone me 33: The Jews answered him saying For a good work we stone thee not but for blasphemy and because that you being a man make yourself Theos 34: Iesous answered them Is it not written in your law I said You are theos 35: If he called them theos to whom the word of God came and the scripture cannot be broken 36: Say ye of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world you blaspheme because I said I am the Son ho Theos 37: If I do not the works of my Father believe me not 38: But if I do though you believe not me believe the works that you may know and believe that the Father is in me and I in him 39: Therefore they sought again to take him but he escaped out of their hand 40: And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized and there he abode 41: And many resorted to him and said John did no miracle but all things that John spoke of this man were true 42: And many believed on him there


[1] The scriptures are brilliantly layered with prophetic subtext, whether they speak plainly and literally, illustratively, or with duality where there is more than one literal meaning to a passage, as in Isaiah 14:4-20-a [the latter part of verse 20 (20-b) should have been part of a new statement and a new verse]. 

Subtext, is the unspoken or less obvious meaning or message, which comes to be known by the reader or hearer over time, as it is not immediately or purposefully revealed.
John 10:3 is an example of prophetic sub-text. 

Using the analogy of a sheepfold, a shepherd, and his sheep, Jesus spoke of following the Good Shepherd [himself] as he leads his sheep through life, but he was also speaking of a time when he would call each one of his sheep by name and lead them out of the kosmos, into Heaven where he will have a place prepared for his Bride. 

There is more than one reason the Body of Christ is called the ekklesia [the Out-Called]. This is a two-fold name fraught with meaning. Believers are CALLED OUT from the systems of the world. The word “church” is not a good translation of the Greek word ekklesia. In the first three chapters of The Revelation,  each of the seven assemblies are literally translated as the “Called-Out" [more literally the Out-Called]. 

Believers are called out from the systems of the world to be a separate people unto God, but there is more. On the day of the Resurrection and the Harpazo [the Catching-Up/Rapture], the Good Shepherd—with a great shout—is going to call each one of his  outby name. So we see that the Body of Christ is literally and currently The Called-Out (a noun/person place or thing), and one day, in the future, will literally be called out (a verb/action word). 

When Jesus first spoke these words [John chapter 10] to his disciples, Paul was still a Pharisee. He had not yet come to Christ, much less received the revelation we read of in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18. Nor had John been exiled to Patmos where he was transported into the Day of the LORD, where he saw the Apocalypse, and recorded the things he saw and heard. 

Once These New Covenant revelations were later given to Paul and to John, the subtext in John 10:3 was revealed. We are now able to understand both the vital surface meaning and the rich subtext that aligns it with New Testament prophecies as well as an obscure ancient prophecy given by Isaiah which connects the Gift of Tongues to the Resurrection/Rapture. 

Let’s unpack John 10:3, verse by verse
 “But He that enters in by the door is the Shepherd of the sheep … John 10:11 & 14 (Jesus said, “I am the Good Shepherd”) (In Revelation 4:1 A door is opened in Heaven [this may or may not be related to this verse, but is an interesting correlation)

To him the porter Holy Spirit opens …

and the sheep hear his voice1 Thessalonians 4:16,  Revelation 4:1

and he calls his own sheep by nameIsaiah 28:11 This is the part that connects the Gift of Speaking in tongues to the Resurrection/Rapture and unlocks Isaiah’s obscure prophecy that says, “with stammering lips and another tongue will HE God speak to HIS people (this is another prophecy with sub-text [dual literal meanings]).” Isaiah predicted the Gift of Tongues and at the same time explained what it was—God, speaking to his people. 

In John chapter 10, Jesus predicted the final use of the Gift of Tongues. The Age of Grace began with the Gift of Tongues, and it will end with the Gift of Tongues Forbid not to speak with tongues…1 Corinthians 14:39. The Age of Grace (time of “Christ in You) was launched on the Day of Pentecost (Feast of Weeks/Shavuot), with the the Holy Spirit descending upon and taking up residence within each of the 120 believers who had been in the upper room waiting for The Promise of the Father Acts 1:4-5, 2:1-11. On the Day of Pentecost, for the very first time, the dual miracles of speaking in tongues and hearing in dialects was manifested. The result was that three thousand people got saved. 

The first Gospel message [after the Resurrection] was proclaimed by Mary the Magdalene, and eleven people believed. The second Gospel message was proclaimed by 120 women and men (judging by the ratio of men to women at the foot of The Cross [those remaining loyal to Jesus to the very end], the 120 preachers on the Day of Pentecost was likely composed of more women than men). The 120 proclaimed the wonderful works of God…in tongues—not dialects/earthly languages—but rather in heteros glossa (strange tongues of a different sort).

The 120 were speaking in the tongues of angels (Heavenly languages 1 Corinthians 13:1, 14:). However, each person listening (representing at least 18 different countries and languages) heard the Gospel message in dialektos [earthly languages or dialects]. There was a dual miracle, here, ob both speaking and hearing.

The Age of Grace began with the miracle of the Gift of Tongues and it will be consummated with the miracle of the Gift of Tongues. Only this time there will be only one person speaking—Jesus. And the multiplied millions of hearers will already be saved. Jesus will speak, returning with a great shout [in whatever language will be spoken in his Kingdom Isaiah 28:11, Zephaniah 3:9], and every believer [first the dead followed by those who are alive and remain] will hear their name as the Good Shepherd CALLS them OUT. What will he say to the Called-Out? First, the dead and the living will each hear their own names being called. Won’t that grab our attention! Then Jesus will shout, “COME UP HERE!”  John 11:43, Revelation 4:1

…and leads them OUT1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, Revelation 4:1-3

...And so shall we ever be with the Lord….

[2] Believers can be excommunicated from fellowship with other Christians, but Christian leaders have no power to excommunicate any believer from eternal life.

No comments: