Galatians Chapter 1: Covering, Apostles, Another Gospel



    1: Paul an apostle not of audawm neither by audawm but by Jesus Christ and Father God who raised him from the dead[1] 2: And all the brethren who are with me to the churches of Galatia 3: Grace be to you and peace from Father God and from our Lord Jesus Christ 4: Who gave himself for our sins that he might deliver us out of this present evil age according to the will of God and our Father 5: To whom be glory for ever and ever Amen 6: I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to heteros euaggelion neuter noun 7: Which is not another but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the message of Christ 8: But though we or an angel from Heaven preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached unto you let them be accursed 9: As we said before so say I now again If any euaggelizō preposition para preposition euaggelizō than that you [have already] received estō anathema 10: For do I now persuade audawm or God or do I seek to please audawm for if I yet pleased audawm I should not be the servant of Christ 11: But I certify you brethren that euaggelion euaggelizō hypo me is not after audawm 12: For I neither received it para audawm neither was I taught it but dia a revelation of Jesus Christ Acts 9:1-16 13: For you have heard of my life-style in time past in the Jews’ religion how that beyond measure I persecuted the Church of God and wasted it 14: And profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers 15: But when it pleased God who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, 16: to reveal his Son in me that I might preach him among the heathen immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood 17: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me but I went into Arabia and returned again to Damascus[2] 18: Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter and abode with him fifteen days 19: But other of the apostles saw I none save James the Lord’s brother[3] 20: Now the things which I write to you behold before God I lie not 21: Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia 22: And was unknown by face to the churches of Judaea which were in Christ 23: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preaches the faith which once he destroyed.
24: And they glorified God in me.


[1] From the very beginning of his walk with Christ, God arranged for Paul to connect with his ekklēsia through Ananias. This was a bond which allowed Paul to connect with the other apostles and eventually work more closely with them. But he continually stresses that he neither asked for nor needed any person or organization’s permission or covering (protection) in going forth and doing the work of the ministry God had called him to.
[2] Paul did not wait. From practically the moment he got saved, he asked no one’s permission, but immediately obeyed the calling of God to preach Jesus. Remember, though, that Paul, being a Pharisee, already had extensive knowledge of the scriptures, which are able to make us wise unto salvation. Once his eyes were opened, once he was born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, he had understanding from God as to how the scriptures revealed Christ. He could see with devastating clarity how, thinking he was doing God a service, he had actually been raging against God himself.
[3] To those who teach that Jesus only called 12 apostles and no more, this verse alone refutes that theory. The count from this one verse is up to 15: The original 12, Matthias (13), James the Lord’s brother (14), Paul (15). Other passages reveal even more apostles. Apostles are still called today. The gift was given to the Church, to build and edify until we are all perfected. That will not happen in full until Jesus returns.

Do you have the assurance of knowing that if you died today, you have Eternal Life?
Additional Commentary pending for this chapter
Questions and Comments Welcome
 

No comments: